10 Top Tips For Camping at the Beach
Surf’s up, dudes and dudettes! If you love the Great Outdoors, then there’s nothing like the beach. At the beach you can hunt for seashells, fish, and swim in the ocean. And you can squeeze all of these activities into one day! Several types of accommodations are available at the beach, and many of them can be quite convenient and luxurious. But to truly enjoy your stay at the beach, you should consider staying at a campground. While it won’t have all the accommodations of a Berlin Ohio Hotel , staying at a campsite will allow you to truly get back to nature.
Like camping at any other type of location, camping at the beach has it challenges. However, following some basic guidelines will help to make your camping there as enjoyable as watching a sun set on the ocean’s horizon:
1. Plan your camping activities around the beach itself. Some ideas include:
o Boogey boarding
o Kite flying
o Sandcastle building
o Scuba diving
o Seashell collecting
2. Make sure to pack for the beach’s cool night temperatures. You might get some strange looks if you sunbathe while wearing a windbreaker and jeans, but such clothes can come in handy for those evening strolls along the seashore.
3. When swimming in the ocean take some precautions. Never use inflatable rafts during high tide. Also, watch for any warning signs related to swimming, and particularly when swimming is prohibited!
4. Drink up! The sun can make your skin as dry as beach sand. Make sure to drink plenty of water or sports drinks, to avoid dehydration.
5. Before heading to the beach for your next camping trip, you should do some homework. Find out whether camping on the beach is allowed at all, and if it is, if there are any restrictions. These restrictions could involve where you can drive your vehicle, and whether or not fires or bottles are permitted on the beach.
6. Protect yourself. Never sit out on the sand or go into the water, without using sunscreen first. The sun reflects very strongly off sand and water. And it’s also helpful to keep in mind that UV rays can still be strong on cloudy days. So to avoid looking like the lobster that you ate for dinner, take a few minutes to protect your skin. Also, protect your feet with footwear. And shield your eyes using sunglasses with UV-protection
7. Don’t forget your Coleman camping grills. Camping at the beach provides you with an endless supply of seafood. Just make sure to “leave nothing behind except footprints.”
8. When camping on a beach, stay away from sand dunes and headlands (narrow pieces of land that extend from the shore, into the sea) that aren’t protected. Find shelter from the wind behind trees, bushes, and sand dunes.
9. Set up your camping tent far enough from the ocean, to avoid allowing the waves to drench you during high tide. Distancing yourself from the day’s one or two high tides will keep you as safe as a Berlin Ohio Hotel.
10. Watch out for warning signs-literally! In particular, look for signs that prohibit swimming in certain areas. Warning signs are there for your protection, and their content can range from sharks to tides to typhoon procedures.
When we think of “camping,” we usually think of mountains, rivers and caves. But by following some simple guidelines, camping near the ocean can be as safe and comfy as staying in Berlin Ohio Hotel. Your experiences there will prove that life’s a beach!
for more information on
http://www.berlinhotelandsuites.com/home/”>Berlin Ohio Hotel go to