7 Tips For a Tent Fly
For the passionate camper a tent and its proper use are of first priority. The first thing most people do when they get into camp is to put up the tent. Since most of the time the tent fly is not used much many people become unaware of some important specifics when it comes to that.
- The fly further shields you against rain and snow by protecting the roof and with some models extending the drip-line additionally from the sides so that precipitation will stay out of reach from the walls of the tent.
- It acts as an insulation for the tent thus preventing heat from escaping through the roof.
- Although most tents come with their own protective material, the fly tent adds a layer against damaging UV rays, as well protection against interior condensation.
- In the case of using a canvas tent it is kept much drier with a tent fly on top. Anybody who has used a canvas tent knows how much more it weighs when it is damp or wet, and the long time it takes to dry out later.
- Depending on the type of your fly it might be possible to use it as an extension for open-air cooking and dining area. An appropriate vent for stove jack is something often featured.
- Whenever packing your tent fly it is better to stuff it on the top of your hiking backpack, rather than fold it. Not only does that provide rainproof protection for the rest of the items in your pack, but it also prevents the waterproofing forming up cracks along the creases.
- By always putting your tent and fly on top of your pack it not only allows for easy access but you’d be grateful if it’s raining and you have no time to lose.
Lightweight and made of strong material that keeps your tent cool in Summer and warm in Winter, a tent fly is a must for any serious camper.
Hristo I. is an experienced writer who specializes in outdoor and garden accommodation structures and constructions. His [http://popupgazebo.co.cc] online guide website features useful articles, with tips, information and product reviews on the topic. Both permanent and portable type of units are put under focus, ranging from pop up gazebo, cedar gazebo, bamboo gazebo to retractable canopy, bibler tent, tent footprint [http://popupgazebo.co.cc/6-reasons-to-buy-a-tent-footprint/] and others.